Xylazine, also known as Tranq, is a non-opioid tranquilizer used as a sedative, analgesic, and muscle relaxant used in veterinary medicine for animals including horse and cattle. Combining xylazine with other substances that cause central nervous system depression compounds the sedative effects and can increase the risk of death. The Rapid Response Xylazine (XYL) Test Strip is an easy-to-use rapid lateral flow assay for the qualitative detection of xylazine in liquid or powder samples. Rapid Response Xylazine Test Strip’s performance was deemed acceptable for subtance checking purposes, demonstrating high sensitivity, specificity, and precision when evaluated by the Center for Forensic Science Research and Education (CFSRE) and the Philadelphia Department of Public Health (PDPH).
- The Rapid Response Xylazine Test Strip (Liquid / Powder) is a rapid visual immunoassay for the qualitative, prsumptive detection of xylazine in suspicious substances at 1000 ng/mL.
- WARNING: THIS TEST DOES NOT EVALUATE DRUG SAFETY OR PURITY.
- Xylazine (colloquially known as tranq/tranq dope) is a non-opioid tranquilizer used as a sedative, analgesic, and muscle relaxant in animals such as horses and cattle.
- Time to result: 5 minutes
- Intepretation: Positive - one colored band in the control region (C). No apparent colored band appears in the test region (T). Negative - two colored bands apepar. One in the control region and another in the test region. Invalid - control band fails to appear.
Xylazine (Tranq) Test Strips
Refer to instruction for use included in the kit box. The Center for Forensic Science Research and Education (CFSRE) recommends adding one scoop (5-10mg) of drug sample to 5mL of water. Refer to the advice of your local health or hearm reduction authority on how much water and drug sample you should use.